Cecilia is a HCPC-registered chartered counselling psychologist. She sees individuals and couples for short or long-term therapy for a range of difficulties. Her way of working is integrative, relational and flexible.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Identity issues
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual problems
- Social anxiety
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Person-centred psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Psychosexual psychotherapy
- Relational psychotherapy
I see individuals and couples facing a wide variety of difficulties including relational difficulties, anxiety and depression.
My aim is to create a confidential, safe and non-judgemental environment to explore the issues that the clients may bring. My emphasis is to work relationally and collaboratively with the client to understand and deal with different problems.
My psychological approach is integrative. I tailor the therapy and sessions depending on the client’s presenting issues and experienced difficulties.
I believe in maintaining a flexible approach to best meet the needs of each individual. I therefore draw on a range of therapeutic models including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), person-centred therapy, relational and systemic therapy. The therapeutic approaches I draw on can be used separately or in combination.
I offer short or long-term therapy.
Training, qualifications and experience
- DPsych, Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City University, London
- MSc, Masters in Counselling Psychology, City University, London
- PG Dip, Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Interventions, University College London (UCL)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (High 2:1), Goldsmiths University of London
- BA Arts and Graphic Design, Beckman’s School of Design, Stockholm
I have more than 10 years’ experience of working in mental health and psychological wellbeing. I am currently working part time at Westminster Homeless Health Service, Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust, Soho Centre for Health and Care.
I have worked for several NHS trusts in London and for the charity MIND. I have experience of working with a range of adult mental health difficulties including anxiety, depression, obsessive–compulsive disorders, childhood trauma, problems related to living with HIV, problems related to living with chronic illness, drug and alcohol problems, low self-esteem, psychosexual problems and individuals who experienced abuse.
My training as a counselling psychologist (at City University, London) involved experience in several psychological approaches, working with a range of mental health difficulties and undertaking the highest professional standards for ethics.
I originally trained and worked within art and design.
- Registered counselling psychologist with HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council) – registration number PYL34316
- Chartered member of The British Psychological Society (BPS) – membership number 232282
Code of ethics
I abide by the:
- BPS code of ethics
- HCPC standards of conduct, performance and ethics
Fees and availability
Initial consultation and ongoing sessions:
- £80 for an individual session (50 minutes)
- £90 for a couple session (50 minutes)
- I offer a limited number of reduced fee places for those on low income or in financial difficulties
To make an appointment or for further information, please email me (details in box above).
I will call you back (during office hours).
I currently operate a 24 hours’ cancellation policy. Sessions will otherwise be chargeable.