Jared is a UKCP-accredited, masters-qualified therapist. He works with clients who are encountering a specific and distressing situation, or longstanding or repeating patterns that are causing a sense of "stuckness".
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bereavement and loss
- Body image
- Career coaching
- Creative blocks
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender issues
- Identity issues
- Internet addiction
- Low mood
- Masculinity and men’s issues
- Physical abuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual problems
- Traumatic childhood
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 7 at 37–41 Gower street, WC1E 6HH
Types of therapy I offer
- Gestalt psychotherapy
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Jungian psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Transactional analysis
- Transpersonal psychology
I provide a confidential and non-judgemental environment, where you can explore your situation and gain support.
Therapy can help you to:
- gain deeper understanding of yourself, how you react to the world and how to make change in your life
- boost self-esteem and confidence
- shift negative, repeating patterns, especially around relationships and career
- free you from unresolved emotional stress and trauma, including grief, loss, childhood issues and beliefs
- manage emotions which are making life difficult
- make the most of your potential: freeing you from addiction, a sense of meaningless or dissatisfaction
What sort of therapist am I?
I am trained as an integrative therapist, which means I draw from a variety of models, based on what suits the clients unique situation. I am open and authentic and am emotionally and cognitively intelligent. I am committed to applying myself fully to your therapy.
You can find out more about me on my website www.jaredgreenpsychotherapy.com.
What will therapy be like?
Most often my clients work in the talking mode. I may suggest tools which help to explore or transform an issue from time to time. These include creative visualisation, mindfulness meditation, visual and art therapy. Working with dreams can be very useful, especially in longer term work. The use of a tool is always an invitation which you do not have to accept and you can ask about my way of working at any time.
Training, qualifications and experience
My training was 7 years of rigorous academic, supervised clinical and personal development work.
I have achieved the following post-graduate qualifications:
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE)
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE)
- MA (Merit) in Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Northampton)
I am committed to continuing professional development. I have undertaken post-qualification training courses in CBT, dissociative disorders, mindfulness and Jungian psychology.
During my training I conducted a research masters on the experience of emotional hunger.
I’m a UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) registered full clinical psychotherapist, which means I’m professionally trained and have passed assessment for my clinical work and theoretical understanding. It also helps inform my ongoing work on matters such as confidentiality, supervision and continuing professional development.
I abide by the UKCP ethical principles and code of professional conduct.
Fees and availability
My fee is £60 for a 50-minute session and I typically work weekly. Discounted sessions may be available before 6pm, please enquire.
Choosing a therapist can be daunting, I encourage you to take your time and to meet before making a decision whether to proceed. To help, I offer a free 20-minute phone call where you can understand how I work and I can get a sense of whether I can help. We may then decide to meet for an introductory session, which would not commit you in any way.
Feel free to give me a call on 07592 677 731 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know when would be a good time to return your call. All calls and emails are confidential.