Richard is a qualified, BACP-registered and accredited psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist. He works with adults of all ages.
I can help with...
- Affairs and betrayals
- Ageing and retirement
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Changing bad habits
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Creative blocks
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Loneliness and isolation
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Masculinity and men’s issues
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Unexplained and persistent physical symptoms
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
I am an experienced therapist and an accredited member of the BACP. I work with adults providing both time-limited counselling and longer-term, open-ended psychotherapy.
I appreciate that the prospect of therapy can be daunting and at times this can be a challenging experience; yet counselling and psychotherapy can also be an immensely rewarding, satisfying and beneficial experience to facilitate change.
Like many, you may not be sure what sort of support you need. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your concerns. You can find out more on my website.
Training, qualifications and experience
MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling from Birkbeck College, University of London.
My experience includes:
- working with young adults within a university counselling service
- several years working within an NHS psychotherapy service providing longer-term work
- providing clinical assessments for therapy
I am registered and accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Fees and availability
Please contact me for session rates.