Ana is an enthusiastic, fully qualified clinical psychologist, with experience working with children and adults. She uses an integrative approach, drawing elements from frameworks such as CBT, psychodynamic and systemic.
I can help with...
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behavioural problems
- Bereavement and loss
- Bipolar disorder
- Developmental disorders
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low mood
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Personal development
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Regaining control of emotions
- Relationship difficulties
- Social anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Traumatic childhood
Types of clients I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Room 28 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Family/systemic therapy
- Narrative therapy
I am an integrative psychologist, which means I use elements from different frameworks including psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and systemic. I will tailor my approach depending on your difficulties and your goals.
I use a warm, friendly but respectful approach with my clients. I am not from the UK – I believe that coming to the UK from South America has widened my cultural perspective which is so important in London where we are such a diverse community.
I will be curious about your relationships in early childhood as I believe they help us understand who we are and why we do what we do. I will try to guide you to understand and make links with your past and your current difficulties.
When a child or an adolescent comes to therapy I usually offer individual sessions as well as parenting sessions as I believe the family as a system has a big impact on what is going on with the child.
Feel free to drop me an email with your details and I will return your call so we can have a 15-minute free consultation and understand what would you like help with and help design the support that works for you.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Mental Clinic Specialist: Summa Cum Laude (first-class honours) – Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela (2014 to 2016)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology: Cum Laude (first-class honours) – Universidad Metropolitana, Caracas, Venezuela (2008 to 2013)
I currently work in Newham in a child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS). I am privileged to work in one of the most ethnically diverse boroughs in London.
I have experience in the private and public (NHS and education) sectors. I have worked with a range of difficulties and families. I have specialised in neurodevelopmental disorders (such as autism, ADHD and learning disabilities): their assessment, treatment and management.
I have provided talking therapies in private settings to individuals of all ages for a range of difficulties.
My training consisted of several placements:
- in in-patient units with adults
- providing therapy consultations with outpatients
- providing paediatric and adult liaison consultations in a general hospital
I am accredited as a clinical psychologist by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Code of ethics
I follow the codes of ethics of the HCPC and the British Psychological Society.
Fees and availability
- £100 to £120 for a 50-minute session
- I can offer a reduced rate if a block of 6 sessions are booked and paid for in advance
- I accept payment through insurance: Aviva, AXA PPP, Cigna, Vitality and WPA
- I’m available Fridays from 2.30pm to 6.30pm
- I’m currently seeing clients online and face to face where online/telephone is not possible
- You can contact me for an initial phone consultation to discuss your needs, the possibility of working together and other practical details
- Please provide at least 48 hours’ notice of cancellation or the full fee is charged