Berna is a Turkish psychologist who is completing her masters degree in Addiction Counselling and is working towards BPS registration. She has experience working with Turkish teenagers, adults and families.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Somatic illnesses
Types of client I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Room 202 at 180–186 King's Cross Rd, Kings Cross, WC1X 9DE
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Family/systemic therapy
- Filial therapy
- Play therapy
We humans are biopsychosocial beings. Our lives can be affected by every change we experience. Sometimes these changes may decrease our quality of life, and we may have a hard time coping with them. If we don’t take the time and effort into dealing with these experienced difficulties, we may find that our situation doesn’t get better.
However, if we do put in the time and effort, we can overcome problems and make our lives more liveable, sustainable and enjoyable.
As your counsellor, I can guide you through the path which will lead you to deal and cope with the difficulties you may be facing.
Together, we will develop new coping methods and skills. We will also improve existing skills, and I will help you to use these more efficiently.
Training, qualifications and experience
I have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Yaşar University, Turkey.
I’m currently studying a master’s degree in Addiction Counselling at the department of Psychiatry at Ege University in Turkey. My thesis is on coping with emotions and behaviours of families of individuals with substance use disorder.
I have trained in:
- cognitive behavioural therapy
- filial therapy
- unstructured play therapy
- pedagogical formation education
- family and marital therapy
- family counselling
I worked at a rehabilitation centre with children who need to develop their life abilities. I also worked as a school psychological counsellor with teenagers who have exam anxiety, school anxiety, teenager problems and family problems.
Currently, I am working with adults, teenagers and families to improve their wellbeing.
I am currently working towards accreditation with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Code of ethics
I follow the:
- BPS code of ethics and conduct
- UK Council for Psychotherapy code of ethics and professional practice
Fees and availability
- £60 per session
- Online and face-to-face sessions
- I often have session with clients once or twice a week