Catherine is a clinical psychologist who works with people looking to improve their relationships and wellbeing, including those exploring gender and sexuality. She also helps people with autistic spectrum conditions.
I can help with...
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Gender issues
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Personal development
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Relationship difficulties
Types of clients I see
- Young people
- Trainee and qualified clinicians
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Attachment-based psychotherapy
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
Therapy is an opportunity to find support and insight for the particular challenges facing you at present. I offer a safe, non-judgemental space in which to explore these together.
However, choosing to contact a therapist can be daunting, and I understand the importance of finding a therapist who feels like a good ‘fit’ for you. So our first session would focus on determining whether you feel this is the right space for you and how we would work together, should you choose to continue.
I work primarily using an attachment-informed psychodynamic framework in my practice. This is because I believe in the power of insight and understanding to offer resolution, healing and ultimately choice in how our lives move forward. However, I always adapt to the needs of the client and find dialectical behavioural therapy and more directive approaches useful, should the need arise.
I also offer therapy for those who have, or suspect they might have, an autistic spectrum condition.
Training, qualifications and experience
I trained as a clinical psychologist in Johannesburg, South Africa (MA Clinical Psychology, University of Witwatersrand). While in South Africa I worked both in school settings and ran a private practice. While there I furthered my training to be able to offer parent–infant work for those who may be experiencing mental health difficulties while pregnant or with a child under 2 years old.
I moved to the UK in 2018 and have worked in a variety of NHS settings. I am currently based in the Gender Identity Development Service as well as in private practice.
I am registered with the:
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) – PYL 36536
- British Psychological Society (BPS) – Chartered Psychologist 483878
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) – PS 0132837
Code of ethics
I abide by the:
- HCPC standards of conduct, performance, and ethics
- BPS code of ethics and conduct
- HPCSA’s guidance on professional conduct and ethics
Fees and availability
- Individual sessions (50 minutes): £80
- Some concessions available for students: those in psychotherapy/doctoral training or working in the NHS
- Payment by cash, online banking or via your private healthcare provider (I am registered with most major insurance providers)
- I offer therapy face to face, or via Skype or telephone
- I work on Saturdays and Wednesdays 2.30 pm to 10pm
To make an appointment or for further information, please contact me via text message or Whatsapp or leave a voicemail and I will contact you within 48 hours. Alternatively, please email me. (See the ‘Contact me’ box above for details).
I currently operate a 48-hour cancellation policy. Sessions will otherwise be charged.