Catrin is a fully qualified, experienced and professional counsellor registered and accredited by the BACP. She's worked extensively with bereavement and loss, both within bereavement organisations and a hospice.
I can help with...
- Bereavement and loss
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Loneliness and isolation
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship difficulties
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Room 1 at Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ
Types of therapy I offer
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
I am an integrative counsellor which means that I draw on a number of different approaches to inform my practice. As every human is unique, not everybody works in the same way.
I work in a way that is professional, empathic, warm and attentive.
I will aim to help you gain self-awareness, insight and clarity in the here-and-now through listening, being present and creating a safe space for you to explore feelings confidentially and without judgement.
You are most welcome to connect with me with any questions you may have.
Training, qualifications and experience
My counselling practice is informed by extensive training. Professional qualifications gained include:
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in counselling skills
- Certificate in counselling and counselling skills
- Introduction to counselling
I also hold a BSc (Hons) degree in psychology.
Other experience has included:
- being a qualified mediator at a large London NHS hospital trust
- working as a community outreach worker
- being a support, time and recovery worker at a mental health charity
- volunteering with a young adults group at a hospice
- being a mentor at 2 separate charities
My career started out as being a peer support volunteer at an ambulance service.
Additional continuous professional development includes workshops in working with bereavement and loss, HIV, and sexuality. I also completed the 12-day somatic trauma therapy course facilitated by Babette Rothschild.
I am committed to maintaining best practice through continuous professional development and regularly attending clinical supervision.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework.
Fees and availability
I offer face-to-face counselling sessions. Currently, I’m available on Sundays.
I offer a no-fee first appointment, without any obligation to continue, to give you the opportunity to experience my therapeutic approach and to ask any questions you may have.
After this, if we decide to work together, then the fee for weekly 50-minute counselling sessions is £60 per session.
Counselling sessions usually take place at a set day, time and place each week.
A 48-hour cancellation period is required.