David is an experienced psychotherapist specialising in psychosexual & relationship/couples therapy. He is BACP registered and COSRT accredited. He is Director of the Advanced Diploma in Couples Therapy (NAOS Institute).
I can help with...
- Major life changes
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual problems
Types of clients I see
Languages I speak
- Room 102 at 180–186 King's Cross Rd, Kings Cross, WC1X 9DE
- Room 302 at 180–186 King's Cross Rd, Kings Cross, WC1X 9DE
Types of therapy I offer
- Developmental psychology
- Online counselling
Working with a qualified therapist can help you to gain insight, control, move forward and grow. Together we can work towards solutions when you feel stuck, unhappy, in crisis or want to explore an issue in your life.
The therapeutic relationship is boundaried, confidential and non-judgemental, and is the basis from which I will facilitate a process for you to explore your situation and bring about change if necessary. This is done through support, empathy, challenge, analysis and interpretation. This may involve looking at the impact of your past and present circumstances.
The process will increase your awareness of, and responsibility for your situation, which will give you choice and enable you to shift your situation while working through any defences and resistance to change. You will be free to explore thoughts and feelings – positive or negative.
I specialise in relationships or sexual issues where you can explore aspects of your relationship – whether in crisis or wanting change – or aspects of your sexuality. This can be done with your partner or individually.
Talking therapy may be combined with a range of tools, techniques and ‘homework’, which you can utilise in the privacy of your own home. I take a sex-positive approach where one’s expression of sexuality in all its forms is explored rather than pathologised.
I work with couples and diverse relationship structures.
Training, qualifications and experience
- MA & PGDip in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy, University of East London – BACP accredited (3 years)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual & Relationship Therapy – COSRT accredited (2 years)
- Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision (1 year)
- Certificate in the Developmental Couples Therapy – Couples Institute, USA (2 years)
- Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust: COVID-19 frontline staff counsellor
MIND: clinical supervisor
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (56 Dean Street Clinic): psychosexual therapist
- Canterbury Christ Church University: student counsellor
- Kent County Council: staff counsellor
- Whipps Cross University Hospital (Psychological Support Service): bereavement and palliative care counsellor
- London Friend: psychotherapist and assessor
- British Red Cross/Foreign and Commonwealth Office: psychosocial support delegate
- Director: Advanced Couples Diploma (NAOS Institute)
- Associate Director: London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy
- Visiting lecturer and supervisor: Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (University of East London)
- Trainer: Emotional well-being and Psychosocial Support (British Red Cross)
- Trainer: Bereavement (Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
- Registered member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
Code of ethics
I abide by the:
Fees and availability
- Individual sessions: £80
- Couple sessions: £120
- Supervision: £60
- Monday afternoons and evenings (central London face to face)
- Tuesday to Thursday (online and Kent face to face)