Delphine is an integrative art psychotherapist, registered with BACP and HCPC. She offers a range of art materials to facilitate the therapeutic journey.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Adoption/abandonment issues
- Bereavement and loss
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Traumatic childhood
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 28 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
People come to art psychotherapy because they want to change their behaviour, thoughts or feelings that are somehow preventing them from relating to their world and others in a way that is meaningful. The use of the arts has a powerful capacity to tap elements of experiences, thoughts and emotions that talking alone cannot. Within the sessions you will have a choice of accessing a range of art materials – for example, paints, pencils, the use of a sand tray, music, clay, chalks, collages and poetry (no experience of the arts is required).
In agreement with you I may bring in other techniques – for example, the use of role play, body awareness and visualisation. However you choose to engage in the process, it will open uncharted areas of your soul to seek healing and inner peace.
I have over 30 years’ experience of working within social work. This has given me an in-depth insight of working with individuals with complex needs. As a woman of African Caribbean descent and a lesbian, I have an understanding of oppression and the impact that this can have on your wellbeing.
I will gently guide you through your journey of change, always going at a pace that suits you, and being sensitive to your needs. This is done in an environment that is non-judgemental, warm, safe, containing and accepting.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Level 1 Theraplay and Marschak Interaction Method Training Course/Group Theraplay
- Diploma in Transpersonal & Integrative Supervision
- MA Integrative Arts Psychotherapy (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education (IATE) and London Metropolitan University)
- Advanced Diploma in The Therapeutic Applications of the Arts (IATE)
- MA Criminology (London Metropolitan University)
- Diploma in Black Therapy (Black Therapy Association)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (Goldsmiths, University of London)
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (Polytechnic of North London)
- Accelerated Trauma Treatment levels 1 & 2
- Approved Adoption Counsellor/Psychotherapist (Barnardo’s Link)
I attend clinical supervision regularly and reap the benefits of ongoing continuous professional development through attending training events, workshops, conferences and the arts, to ensure high standards of practice.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
- Black African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
Code of ethics
- I abide by the HCPC, BACP and BAAT codes of ethics and standards
- I am DBS checked
Fees and availability
- Free telephone consultation
- £65 per session of 50 minutes
- I offer a sliding scale based on earnings and personal circumstances
- I work on a Tuesdays from 2.30pm to 10pm
- 24 hours cancellation policy