Kimberly is a HCPC-registered specialist counselling psychologist. Drawing on 10 years' experience in a wide range of disciplines, she provides bespoke therapy tailored to the needs of the individual.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Eating disorders
- Educational performance
- Emotional abuse
- Identity issues
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 31 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-focussed therapy
- Dynamic interpersonal therapy
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mentalisation-based therapy
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Schema therapy
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioural therapy
Life stresses, relationship problems, paranoid thinking, emotional distress? Whatever your personal struggles, as an experienced counselling psychologist I am positioned to help you develop a thorough understanding of your problems to work towards healthier conclusions in a safe and supportive environment.
The great thing about counselling psychologists is that we have the best of both worlds between psychology and psychotherapy. We are trained to integrate scientifically evidenced theory and methods into our practice, while appreciating that human beings are complex, nuanced and need to be understood both as individuals and the wider groups they exist in.
I therefore take a holistic and individualised approach to working with people to help them understand, process and work through their emotional, psychological and relationship difficulties. I believe a collaborative and warm approach is essential to creating maximum safety for people to explore and understand themselves within the therapeutic relationship.
I am fortunate to be trained in a wide range of therapeutic models and have over 10 years’ experience working with diverse and often complex problems. I therefore enjoy working with people to help them understand how their struggles emerged and what is maintaining them. This means I can offer a bespoke therapeutic approach to your individual needs.
Training and qualifications
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych)
- BSc Psychology
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) trained
In addition to private therapy, I specialise in working with young people and adults displaying harmful behaviour towards self and others, and people who have experienced both single event and complex trauma.
I have also worked with families and couples in a secondary mental health service with the NHS.
I am a chartered counselling psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Fees and availability
- Free initial telephone consultation
- Send me an email or call 07753 289 457 to discuss my rates – I operate on a sliding scale depending on your circumstance and the nature of treatment you need