Tamara is a chartered counselling psychologist, registered with HCPC and BPS. She offers a warm, non-judgemental and compassionate space in which each individual can talk about their experiences and difficulties openly.
I can help with...
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Identity issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Psychological abuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual abuse
Types of client I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Room 2 at Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ
Types of therapy I offer
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-focussed therapy
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
For many of us, the decision to come to therapy can be a daunting one. Sometimes, we have been feeling overwhelmed, hopeless or distressed for a long time and although we think we know what the problem is, we are unsure about how to address it. Alternatively, we may have simply been living with a sense that something isn’t quite right and not know where to begin.
Whatever your reasons for coming to therapy, I will always offer a warm, non-judgemental and compassionate therapeutic space in which you can talk about your experiences openly. By drawing on my skills, expertise and experience, I will offer flexible and bespoke support that allows you to gain a greater insight into your specific and individual difficulties.
I am passionate not only about helping you work towards improving various difficulties in your life, but also helping you find ways in which you can live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. I will always ensure that we work collaboratively so that your therapeutic needs and goals are always being met so that you can feel genuinely heard and empowered throughout the process.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (PsychD)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
I have also attended a range of additional training courses and workshops, including:
- DBT Essentials (with The Association for Psychological Therapies)
- Further steps in Teaching Clients Mindfulness Skills (with Stanton Ltd)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (with Being Mindful)
- Intergenerational Trauma, with particular focus on black identity wounding (with Dr Aileen Alleyne and WPF Therapy)
- Brief Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) (with Rutland House Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- CBT for PTSD (with Wandsworth IAPT)
I am also due to complete DBT Foundation training in June with British Isles DBT Training.
Code of ethics
Fees and availability
I currently offer face-to-face, individual therapy sessions on Mondays from Waterloo and Balham. My current fee is £100 per hour – payable by cash or debit card at the appointment.
If you wish to pay for your counselling sessions in advance, I offer a 10% discount when a block of 6 sessions is purchased.
I can be contacted directly to discuss concession rates or payment via private indemnity insurance.