Emma is a BACP-registered, fully qualified cognitive behaviour therapist and integrative psychotherapist with over 10 years' experience providing therapy. Emma offers both short-term and longer-term counselling.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Identity issues
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Perfectionist traits
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Psychological abuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Social anxiety
- Traumatic childhood
- Weight management
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
- Trainee and qualified clinicians
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
- Online counselling
- Organisational consultancy
- Positive psychology
- Sand tray therapy
- Solution-focussed brief therapy
- Telephone counselling
- Transactional analysis
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioural therapy
I believe that with a little support, most of us can sort out the challenges of our lives. My therapy focus is to help you find the solutions that work for you.
I have managed a well-being service in a large organisation covering counselling, mediation, team-building and stress management for the past few years and enjoy seeing people grow healthily – even within stressful environments – when they have the tools to do so. I believe this is possible for anyone.
Depending on the issue I can offer short (6 to 12 sessions) or long-term therapy support to individuals or groups.
Most people feel anxious, stressed or low at some point in their lives but often try to struggle through on their own. I understand how daunting it can be to seek professional advice. That being acknowledged, I have successfully helped many people with a wide variety of problems.
My integrative approach to therapy ensures that I am able to offer a bespoke treatment plan based on an individual’s requirements, rather than offer a ‘one size fits all’ approach. I will be open with you about this in the assessment and clearly explain what I can offer you, so you feel comfortable in knowing what to expect.
I draw from a range of psychotherapeutic perspectives including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), transactional analysis (TA), psychodynamic and humanistic therapies, depending on the needs and wishes of clients. Working through your worries and identifying challenging thoughts, emotions and behaviours will help you to make a better sense of your current and past difficulties, as these are often related.
You do not need be crystal clear about your own reasons or goals for coming into therapy. My aim, both initially and throughout therapy, is to help you understand this more fully: those areas of your life that may feel difficult, painful, unfulfilled or stuck. This understanding can be useful by itself, but it can also help you to make decisions about those things you may wish to change, and come to terms with those things that you cannot.
I provide an open, sensitive and confidential space where you will be met with respect and acceptance.
My main aim is to help you to achieve a deeper understanding of yourself and as a result to live a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
Training, qualifications and experience
- MSc in Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (RECBT)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BSc Honours Degree in Psychology
- Mindfulness (MBSR/MBCT)
- Level 6 Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling Supervision (CPCAB)
- Domestic Violence Training provided by Refuge
- Play Therapy techniques provided by Place2Be
- Workplace Mediation Skills (CMP Solutions)
- Training the Trainer (ILM)
I have completed specialist training in:
- trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- acceptance and commitment therapy
- reducing obesity and treating eating disorders and diabetes
I specialise in providing training programmes for organisations, from 1 hour to 2 days on positive psychology and wellbeing, unconscious bias, stress management, positive leadership and more.
I engage in continuing training and professional development for myself to ensure that my practice affords the best informed care.
I have 5 years’ experience in organisational development working with corporations within change management from a psychological perspective, increasing team well-being, managing stress and increasing productivity.
I specialise in workplace counselling, workplace mediations and trauma support such as providing critical incident debriefs. I have set up and managed a counselling service for 5 years.
I specialise in counselling those who have been diagnosed with type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes and their family members and have over 5 years’ experience working in this field.
I specialise in supporting patients before, during and after bariatric weight loss surgery.
I have over 9 years’ experience in supporting women who were living with or were in some way affected by domestic abuse, coercive control or violence.
I have gained extensive experience in counselling people of all ages and backgrounds while working across a range of mental health services including:
- the NHS
- The Westminster Drug’s Project
- The Bariatric Consultancy
- staff counselling services
- university counselling services
- primary school counselling services
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
Code of ethics
- I abide by the BACP and BABCP code of ethics
Fees and availability
I offer a free 30-minute telephone or Zoom consultation before we meet for an assessment to answer any queries you may have and discuss possible therapy to suit your needs.
I charge £60 for a 50-minute session of counselling.
If I am working with you to treat PTSD, some of the sessions will have to be longer (up to 90 minutes). These sessions would be charged at £70. I would discuss this with you in the consultation or assessment session beforehand.
My other rates are:
- £45 for 60 minutes of clinical supervision for counsellors
- £60 for 90 minutes of clinical supervision for counsellors
I work on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday. I offer supervision on a Friday.
I offer online Zoom and telephone counselling at present.
I am not able to offer lower-cost counselling or supervision to anybody than what is stated above at this time.