Emma is a BACP-registered, fully qualified, experienced cognitive behaviour therapist and integrative psychotherapist. She offers both short-term (6–12 sessions) and longer-term counselling for adults.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Identity issues
- Low self-confidence
- Major life changes
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Perfectionist traits
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Psychological abuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Social anxiety
- Traumatic childhood
- Weight management
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 27 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Person-centred psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Solution-focussed brief therapy
- Transactional analysis
I believe that with a little support, most of us can sort out the challenges of our lives. My therapy focus is to help you find the solutions that work for you.
Most people feel anxious, stressed or low at some point in their lives but often try to struggle through on their own. I understand how daunting it can be to seek professional advice but I have successfully helped many people with a wide variety of problems.
My integrative approach to therapy ensures that I am able to offer bespoke treatment plans based on an individual’s requirements, rather than offer a ‘one size fits all’ approach. I will be open with you about this in the assessment and clearly explain what I can offer you, so you feel comfortable in knowing what to expect.
I draw from a range of psychotherapeutic perspectives including cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, transactional analysis, psychodynamic and humanistic therapies, depending on the needs and wishes of clients.
I provide an open, sensitive and confidential space where you will be met with respect and acceptance.
My main aim is to help you to achieve a deeper understanding of yourself and as a result to live a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
Training, qualifications and experience
- MSc in Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (RECBT)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BSc Honours Degree in Psychology
- Mindfulness (MBSR/MBCT)
- Level 6 Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling Supervision (CPCAB)
- Domestic Violence Training provided by Refuge
- Play Therapy techniques provided by Place2Be
- Workplace Mediation Skills (CMP Solutions)
I have completed specialist training in:
- trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- acceptance and commitment therapy
- reducing obesity and treating eating disorders and diabetes
I engage in continuing training and professional development to ensure that my practice affords the best informed care.
I specialise in counselling those who have been diagnosed with type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes and their family members. I have over 5 years’ experience working in this field.
I also have over 9 years’ experience in supporting women who were living with or were in some way affected by domestic abuse, coercive control or/and violence.
I have over 5 years’ experience in providing specific workplace counselling in a large organisation.
I have gained extensive experience in counselling people of all ages and backgrounds while working across a range of mental health services including:
- the NHS
- The Westminster Drug’s Project
- The Bariatric Consultancy
- staff counselling services
- university counselling services
- primary school counselling services
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
Code of ethics
- I abide by the BACP and BABCP code of ethics
Fees and availability
I offer a free 30-minute telephone consultation before we meet for an assessment to answer any queries you may have and discuss possible therapy to suit your needs.
I charge £50 for a 50-minute session of counselling.
If I am working with you to treat PTSD, some of the sessions will have to be longer (up to 90 minutes). These sessions would be charged at £70. I would discuss this with you in the consultation or assessment session beforehand.
My other rates are:
- £75 for couples counselling (90 minutes)
- £45 for 60 minutes of clinical supervision for counsellors
- £60 for 90 minutes of clinical supervision for counsellors
I work on Saturdays.
I offer face-to-face and telephone counselling.
I am not able to offer lower-cost counselling or supervision to anybody than what is stated above at this time.