Gloria is a psychosynthesis counsellor and experienced mental health practitioner. She is BACP registered and works both short and long term with adults and young people, including LGBQTIA and BAMER individuals.
I can help with...
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bereavement and loss
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Eating disorders
- Gender issues
- Identity issues
- Kink/BDSM relationships
- Loneliness and isolation
- Low mood
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual problems
- Social anxiety
- Weight management
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Room 28 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Body psychotherapy
- Gestalt psychotherapy
I have over 20 years’ experience as a counsellor in psychosynthesis therapy. This is a transpersonal therapy which combines Western psychotherapy with Eastern spiritual and philosophical traditions.
The treatment falls somewhere between counselling and psychotherapy as it works on a very deep level, focusing not only on the presenting issue, but also addressing stuck patterns of behaviour formed in early life, in order to realise our highest potential. This is achieved by bringing our attention to these patterns, exploring the positive and negative aspects of them, and utilising their pure essence, with the aid of various therapeutic techniques.
I take a holistic approach to counselling, to explore whether your life holds enough meaning for you or is unfulfilled in some areas. This may also include a spiritual element if appropriate. This is not in a religious sense, but instead offers a chance to look at the spiritual dimension of the human experience and explore what gives our life purpose and brings us joy.
Therapy can be both short and long term and incorporates 6 different methods of working. These are:
- body therapy
- free drawing
- Gestalt (chair work)
Clients may choose to use all or none of these methods in addition to a talking treatment.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling and Therapy (Psychosynthesis Education and Trust)
- Certificate in Counselling male and female survivors of sexual assault (Rape Crisis)
- Certificate in Counselling and Personal Development (City University)
- Degree in Creative Writing (BA Hons)
- Degree in English with African and Caribbean Studies (BA Hons)
I have worked as a counsellor for Rape Crisis and am currently working in a charity counselling adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Alongside counselling I work with students who have mental health issues, providing a specialist mentoring service in London universities.
I have a background as a manager in supported accommodation for a national mental health charity and as a mental health adviser to students in several London universities. These areas form part of the specialism I bring to therapy.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP code of ethics.
Fees and availability
- Free initial 20-minute telephone consultation
- Therapy is from £80 per 50-minute session
- A reduced fee (£60) is available for low-income clients
- Sessions also available via telephone, Skype and Zoom
- I work on Thursdays from 7am to 11am
- 48-hour cancellation policy: clients will be charged for any missed appointments or cancellations without sufficient notice