Jackie is a BACP-registered and accredited counsellor with over 12 years' experience. She offers both short (usually 6–12 sessions) and longer-term counselling to individuals.
I can help with...
- Adoption/abandonment issues
- Affairs and betrayals
- Ageing and retirement
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Communication skills
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Existential crises
- Family issues
- Homesickness and expat identity
- Loneliness and isolation
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Panic attacks
- Personal development
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Regaining control of emotions
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Social anxiety
- Traumatic childhood
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Room 1 at Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Person-centred psychotherapy
- Relational psychotherapy
I have been a counsellor since 2004, working with a broad range of issues with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. I currently work in private practice in Waterloo SE1 and Walthamstow E17.
I offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment, with space and time to fully explore your issues, fears, difficulties, choices and opportunities.
There are many reasons for wanting to begin counselling or psychotherapy. A recent, or current crisis is often the prompt. Or you may feel that the time has come to take a closer look at those problems that seem all too familiar to you.
You needn’t be clear about your own reasons. My aim is to help you give voice to, as well as understand more fully, those areas of your life that may feel difficult, painful, unfulfilled, or stuck. Such understanding can be useful in its own right, but it can also help us make decisions about those things we may wish to change, and come to terms with those that we can’t.
Training, qualifications and experience
I hold a:
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills
- Certificate in working with couples and other relationships
I regularly attend continued professional development training/conferences to enhance and inform my practice and maintain the requirements of accreditation. I attend regular supervision to ensure my work remains ethical and competent.
I worked for many years in the NHS as a senior counsellor for the London Ambulance Service, and staff counsellor for Barts and the London NHS Trust.
I also managed the London Ambulance Service peer support network.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Fees and availability
- individuals: £70 per session
- couples: £100 per session
- private practice at Waterloo and Walthamstow
- Waterloo practice has full disabled access