Jolanta aims to create a safe space for her clients to explore their life experiences and choices. She is a BACP-registered existential counsellor with extensive experience in a variety of mental health contexts.
I can help with...
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Emotional abuse
- Existential crises
- Family issues
- Major life changes
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
Types of client I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Room 2 at Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Narrative therapy
- Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
- Play therapy
- Solution-focussed brief therapy
- Therapeutic art
- Therapeutic music
- Transpersonal psychology
I aim to create a safe space for you to explore your individual life experiences and choices in a holistic manner. I am open and flexible to working with what feels important to you at any given time in your life.
I will support you in your search for your own creative potential and inner strength, to help you deal with distress and life’s difficulties. I aim to explore my clients’ relationships with themselves and others, as I believe these are elements to your wellbeing.
I use a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches, as well as a phenomenological framework, to focus on the question of meaningful living and what it means to each of my clients.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Transpersonal Psychology
- MA in Pedagogy with specialisation in Educational Care and Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (ongoing)
I have worked in a number of mental health settings including:
- NHS Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme
- The Awareness Centre
- YoungMinds Parents Helpline
I am a member of the:
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP and BPS codes of ethics, performance and conduct.
Fees and availability
I am based in Waterloo for face-to-face sessions. I also offer online counselling via Skype.
My standard fee for an individual session of 50 minutes is £60.
I offer discounts for clients who are:
- paying for 6 or more sessions in advance
- on benefits
- on a low income
Call or email me to arrange an initial consultation and check my current availability. I am happy to discuss any questions you may have.
I look forward to hearing from you.