Lucien has been seeing clients since 2003 and specialises in couples and relationship issues. He is UKCP-registered and a member of the International and British Centres for Emotionally Focused Therapy.
I can help with...
- Relationship difficulties
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 601 at Chandlery Cottage, 50 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7QY
Types of therapy I offer
- Emotionally focused therapy
Your relationship is in trouble. You feel like if you don’t do something soon, it will be over. And neither of you really want it to be over. If you could stop the arguments. If you could stop the shutting down and withdrawing. If you could both reconnect and feel loved, loving and safe again…
I offer specialist relationship counselling in London (Waterloo and Angel, Islington). I use emotionally focused therapy as the basis for my approach and it has a validated 75% success rate (from crisis to normalcy).
The approach helps to identify and stop destructive dynamics, as well as re-establishing the emotional safety needed for relationship development. Sometimes other factors are at play, including addiction and trauma, and these can be worked on both within the couple sessions and separately.
I have been seeing private clients since 2003. In addition to providing therapy, I have established and run an award-winning North London charity specialising in arts-in-health services for older people and general psychological services for all local adults.
I am compassionate, experienced and can help you both to work things out.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology
- MA (Distinction) Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Externship, Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Certificate, Treatment Resistant Depression
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- The International Centre For Exellence In Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- British Emotionally Focused Therapy Centre (BEFT)
- Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Heath (RSPH)
Code of ethics
I follow the UKCP code of ethics.
Fees and availability
I work from 2 London locations:
- Waterloo (Tuesday afternoon and evenings)
- Angel, Islington (occasional/ad hoc times on other weekdays)
I offer face-to-face sessions (and occasionally Skype/Zoom sessions where necessary).
I charge £100 per session (50 minutes) and my cancellation policy is a minimum of 24 hours’ notice (full fee payable thereafter).
I offer a free consultation over the phone to discuss your particular situation and how I might be able to help you.
I look forward to hearing from you.