Rita is an integrative humanistic counsellor and art psychotherapist. She is MBACP accredited, and HCPC and BAAT registered. She's worked extensively with adult mental health issues, sexual abuse and bereavement/loss.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Bereavement and loss
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Identity issues
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Sexual abuse
Types of client I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Room 2 at Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ
Types of therapy I offer
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Person-centred psychotherapy
- Transactional analysis
I provide short and long-term psychotherapy and counselling for adults and young people aged 16 or above.
I work holistically, embracing the mind, body and soul. I create a safe, confidential space to explore and understand your feelings and situations through talking or expressive art-making.
Through this, you will develop a deeper understanding of yourself, gain strength to face life’s challenges, and increase your resilience and sense of wellbeing.
Training, qualifications and experience
I have 20 years’ clinical experience working in the NHS, charities and private practice.
- MA Art Psychotherapy – Roehampton University (2018)
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy – University of East London (2004)
- Diploma in Working with Survivors of Abuse – CPPD (2001)
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling – Lewisham College (1996)
- Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Registered with the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
Code of ethics
- MBACP, HCPC and BAAT
Fees and availability
- £55 per 50-minute session
- Counselling and psychotherapy students: £50 per 50-minute session
- Available Monday afternoons and evenings
- My practice is located conveniently close to Waterloo Station