Catherine is an EMDR consultant and a psychodynamic psychotherapist and supervisor. She has worked in the NHS and in a variety of charities. She offers brief and long-term work. She is a specialist in working with PTSD.
I can help with...
- Anger management
- Identity issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Regaining control of emotions
- Sexual problems
- Work-related issues
Types of clients I see
Languages I speak
- Room 28 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
I offer an initial free conversation of 15 minutes online to see if I may be able to provide the type of therapy you require and that the times and location available may be possible for you.
We would then go on to discuss your difficulties in detail over an hour-long assessment (which is charged).
If I do not think I can offer what you need after the detailed assessment, I would let you know and advise you on what might be more suitable.
I can offer both short-term and long-term work as I am qualified in eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) and psychodynamic psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications and experience
I trained originally at WPF Therapy in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and qualified in 2004. I also have a qualification in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy supervision from the Society of Analytical Psychology (SAP). I have a Masters degree from Roehampton University and a professional doctorate from Exeter University in Psychotherapy.
In 2011 I trained in EMDR and qualified as a consultant (supervisor) in EMDR in 2020.
I have NHS experience working in the maternity unit of a hospital, a GP surgery, and a secondary mental health unit. Before retraining as a therapist, I worked in international development and I continue to be interested in intercultural work.
I belong to the:
Code of ethics
I follow the:
Fees and availability
- £80 per session for online and in-person work
- I provide weekly sessions of 55 minutes at the same time every week
- I work in Herne Hill and at London Bridge. Please email me for latest availability
- 2 weeks’ notice is required for cancellation, although if I can offer an alternative time I will do