Christie is a London-based cognitive behavioural therapist specialising in CBT/REBT therapy. She helps people with difficulties including anxiety, depression, feelings of hopelessness, procrastination and study problems.
I can help with...
- Anger management
- Career coaching
- Changing bad habits
- Communication skills
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Creative blocks
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Eating disorders
- Educational performance
- Exam and study problems
- Fear of failure
- Fear of public speaking
- Gender issues
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Homesickness and expat identity
- Insomnia and sleep problems
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Perfectionist traits
- Personal development
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Relationship difficulties
- Social anxiety
- Traumatic childhood
- Work-related issues
- Writer's block
Types of clients I see
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt psychotherapy
- Rational emotive behaviour therapy (REBT)
I am a fully qualified CBT/integrative counsellor. My approach is friendly and professional. Through listening to your story and agreeing a goal to work on together, we can work through the myriad of emotions to find a positive way forward.
I believe that we can find our own path in life with the right support and encouragement. With this in mind the central theme of my practice is providing a safe space to explore and resolve issues to find a more positive way of being in the world.
When you contact me we can agree a 15-minute consultation on the phone to discuss your aims and needs. We then meet via Skype or Zoom for an initial 50-minute session and from there agree a future plan which usually involves 6 to 12+ sessions.
Unfortunately, due to the current situation with coronavirus, face-to-face sessions are not possible.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Advanced Integrative Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
- Advanced Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
- Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
- Diploma in Psychology – Birkbeck, University of London
- Certificate in Counselling – Birkbeck, University of London
- Foundations in Counselling – The Minster Centre
- Foundations in Psychosynthesis – The Institute Of Psychosynthesis
In addition to my own private practice I am an Anxiety UK-approved therapist. I have worked for Mind in Camden and have supported patients in the NHS. In addition, I have volunteered at a student telephone counselling line.
I have also spent many years supporting and teaching international and home students in university settings as an academic lecturer and tutor.
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
Code of ethics
- NCS Code of Ethical Practice
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
Fees and availability
- Complimentary 15-minute initial consultation call
- £65 per session via Zoom or Skype
- £80 per session face-to-face (currently unavailable due to COVID-19)
- Sessions are 50 minutes
- I have a 24 hours’ cancellation policy
- Payment can be via bank transfer, PayPal, Visa or Mastercard