Denise is a qualified intercultural therapist. She is BACP registered and has worked in private practice since 2001. She helps individuals and couples with issues such as relationships, depression and anger management.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Low self-confidence
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related issues
Types of clients I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Room 27 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Transactional analysis
I draw from various styles of therapy to incorporate into my work.
I feel that it is important to match the therapy orientation to the person, so I do tend to adapt styles dependant on where the client is, to enable them to explore fully.
I feel being able to use a range of therapy theories enables the opportunity for this to occur rather than trying to fit a person to one type of therapy.
The relationship between therapist and client is just as important and the ability to connect with someone you feel comfortable with is of great importance to the progression of the work.
Training, qualifications and experience
I hold an Advanced Therapeutic Diploma in Intercultural Therapeutic Counselling.
I continue to attend courses, seminars and workshops to continue my own self-development and to maintain current links with this ever-changing industry.
Code of ethics
Fees and availability
- Individuals: £70 for a 50-minute session
- Couples: sessions from £80 depending on financial situation
- I offer a free 15-minute initial phone consultation to see if we can work together
- Concessions for key workers, those on low income, and trainee therapists
- Please provide at least 48 hours’ notice of cancellation or the full fee is charged
- Saturdays at London Bridge
- Online and telephone sessions available on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings