Catia is a consultant psychiatrist. She can help with mental health conditions, from general psychiatric conditions like anxiety to specialised problems like eating disorders or antenatal and postnatal mental illness.
I can help with...
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Insomnia and sleep problems
- Low mood
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Social anxiety
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 601 at Chandlery Cottage, 50 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7QY
Types of therapy I offer
- listen to you in an open and non-judgemental way
- ask questions to look into all aspects of your life and how these influence how you currently feel
- offer a diagnosis and devise a holistic treatment plan and follow up with you to address your problem(s)
- support you in what you need to achieve all you want in life
- provide an assessment of your mental state and a diagnosis and treatment plan
- offer follow-up review appointments for monitoring and treatment
- request investigations if required
- prescribe medication when indicated
- provide assessments of mental health/illness for court and litigation purposes
- do capacity assessment for court purposes
I can provide teaching and training sessions about different forms of mental illness and help available to private providers, NHS and the voluntary sector.
Training, qualifications and experience
I became a medical doctor in 2000 in Lisbon Medical School, having worked and trained in acute and emergency medicine and obstetrics and gynaecology.
I then moved to London in 2007 and completed my specialist training in General Adult Psychiatry with expertise in Liaison Psychiatry, Eating Disorders and Perinatal Psychiatry at the Maudsley Hospital training rotation, having worked at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust in association with the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) and King’s Health Partners.
I currently work at the perinatal and parent–infant mental health service based at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (part of Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust). I also have a private practice.
Previously I worked at the perinatal mental health service, based at St Thomas’ Hospital (part of the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust) and Vincent Square Eating Disorder Service (Maudsley hospital and Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust).
Code of ethics
I am bound by the GMC’s good medical practice.
Fees and availability
Please contact me about fees.
I have a 48-hour cancellation policy or you will be liable for the full price of the appointment.
If you need appointments more regularly than once a month, prices can be adjusted.