Duncan is an experienced psychosexual and relationship therapist trained at Tavistock Relationships and Relate. He specialises in working with adults experiencing problems in their relationships and sex lives.
I can help with...
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual problems
Types of client I see
- Trainee and qualified clinicians
Languages I speak
- Room 102 at 180–186 King's Cross Rd, Kings Cross, WC1X 9DE
Types of therapy I offer
- Mentalisation-based therapy
- Online counselling
Many adults experience problems in their intimate relationships and sex lives. Sometimes these can seem insurmountable. Specialist psychosexual and relationship therapy can help you to get a clearer perspective on what is happening and to start to make changes.
I work mainly with couples, but also with individuals, whether gay, straight, bi or trans. The specifics of each relationship are unique, so I offer a non-judgemental space to explore your experiences and feelings.
I have specialist training in psychosexual and relationship therapy. However, effective therapy is about more than technical skill. It’s also about creating an environment where challenging work can be done safely.
The therapeutic relationship we build together is vital: we meet for an initial session for us to see if we think we can work together. If we agree to do so, then an ongoing programme of therapy will be arranged. This is usually open-ended, but useful work can also be done in time-limited therapy.
Sessions are once a week and last 50 minutes.
Training, qualifications and experience
- MSc Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy and Certificate in Psychosexual Studies – Tavistock Relationships
- MA Relationship Therapy – Relate Institute (I am a qualified Relate counsellor)
- Bereavement Counsellor – Cruse Bereavement Care
As well as working with clients privately, I work as a visiting psychosexual therapist at Tavistock Relationships and teach and supervise on the Couple Therapy for Depression training for NHS Improving Access to Psychological Therapies staff.
In the past I have:
- worked for Relate, the NHS and Cruse Bereavement Care
- been a visiting tutor in the psychosexual teaching team at Tavistock Relationships
- taught on the MA in Relationship Therapy for the Relate Institute
- taught on the MA in Counselling at Goldsmiths, University of London
- Full clinical psychotherapist member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) registered through the College for Sexual and Relationship Psychotherapy (CSRP)
- Accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the British Society of Sexual Medicine (BSSM)
Codes of ethics
I work within the ethical frameworks of my professional organisations:
I have regular supervision and my supervisor works under the same ethical frameworks.
Fees and availability
- £120 per session
I see private clients in central London on:
- Thursday afternoons and evenings
- Friday afternoons and evenings
Arranging an initial meeting
If you would like to arrange an initial meeting, please email with your availability and preferred days and times. If you are coming with a partner, please copy them in. I will endeavour to respond within 24 hours Monday–Friday.
If you have any questions about practicalities or would like to schedule a brief telephone call, please email and I’ll aim to respond within 24 hours Monday–Friday. Please do not send any detailed information about your situation on email.
For questions other than practicalities, talking on the phone is usually better. Please call me on 07539 286 692. It will usually go through to a private answerphone.
Please leave your number and times (Monday–Friday) when I am likely to reach you and I will return your call.
If I go through to your answerphone, I’ll just say my first name and that I’m returning your call to respect your privacy.