Gary is a fully qualified integrative and cognitive behavioural therapist with a warm, welcoming and down-to-earth approach. He is accredited with the BACP and works with a wide range of presenting issues.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Career coaching
- Emotional abuse
- Gender issues
- Identity issues
- Major life changes
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual problems
- Social anxiety
Types of client I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Room 1 at Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
Because we are all unique I believe we have different needs when looking for counselling. As an experienced and qualified integrative counsellor I can support you in whatever those needs are. The modern world is a fast-moving, highly competitive environment which can be very stressful. We have learned to look after our physical well-being through exercise and diet, but very few of us take any pro-active care of our mental well-being.
I am passionate about the benefits counselling can give in helping to improve our mental well-being and make choices that are right for us. Many of us struggle with anxiety (fear) and depression (sadness) which come from varying life experiences and circumstances. I believe counselling provides the opportunity for exploring and understanding this in a way that can enable a fresh way forward. This self-discovery can lead to living a more fulfilling life with more meaningful relationships.
My approach adopts and integrates various psychotherapeutic models strongly influenced by cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to work with your concerns. Central to my way of working is the therapeutic relationship, as developing a strong and trusting relationship is fundamental if the counselling is going to work.
Training, qualifications and experience
I have worked with adults and adolescents in various settings since 2011. These include:
- working with The Priory, Roehampton as a counsellor
- providing a counselling service within an NHS setting for a GP’s surgery in South London
My qualifications are accredited by CPCAB (the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body):
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills and Theory
My other training includes:
- HIV & Sexual Health training – Terrence Higgins Trust
- Transgender awareness training – Terrence Higgins Trust
- Exploring Fear and Sadness – Open University
- Working with Sex and Sexuality in the Consulting Room – The Wimbledon Guild
- Working with Couples – The Wimbledon Guild
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors – PODS Training @ Amnesty International
- Mindfulness and Meditation – The British Mindfulness Institute
Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I am an associate counsellor for Nuffield Health, CBT clinics and a private healthcare provider for Aviva, AXAPPP, Prudential Health, Cigna, Standard Life and Vitality.
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework.
Fees and availability
- £90 for each 50-minute session (individual)
Payment can be made with cash or with most credit and debit cards that have a chip and pin facility.
No charge is made for appointments changed or cancelled with at least 24 hours’ notice. Within that the time the full fee is charged.