Graham is a UKCP-accredited transpersonal psychotherapist who has also worked as a carer. He combines a relational approach with psychodynamic methods and creative imagination, as fits with client needs and wishes.
I can help with...
- Career coaching
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Creative blocks
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Identity issues
- Internet addiction
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Masculinity and men’s issues
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Relationship difficulties
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Traumatic childhood
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Room 28 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Gestalt psychotherapy
- Imagework and creative imagination
- Integral psychotherapy
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Jungian psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Transpersonal psychology
At the beginning of a longer-term therapy, after an initial assessment, I will concentrate on getting to know a client and hearing their story in a relational way. This I find is the basis of any successful therapy, as it creates a space of safety and trust to work on the issues being presented.
People generally say they find me accepting and a good listener. This stage often involves clients finding things to say they have not been able to say before. I also am happy to use humour in sessions as this can help with more difficult things.
After the first 8 weeks I will schedule in a review to ensure we still are able to work together. This may only take a few moments, or maybe we will discuss things more. In longer-term therapy I schedule in reviews so we can see where we are.
As things develop (or if a client is wanting this) I may start introducing other methods than just talking things through. My training is integrative, so I can draw on a large number of tools from many traditions. These include Gestalt, roleplay, and creative imagination techniques such as imagework, family constellations and Jungian active imagination to allow for a deeper exploration of the issues initially presented.
In my view, therapy is an exploration and so should have an element of fun in it, as well as the difficulties that inevitably come up. My experience is that can lead to a better life. I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications and experience
- 2009 Foundation Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy at
Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE)
- 2010-16: Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling at CCPE (accredited by both UKCP and BACP)
- Practitioner Certificate in Imagework (visualisation technique)
- Trained at Maudsley Hospital on a psychosis ward
- 2012–present: worked with Freshstart Psychotherapy providing low-cost therapy
- Facilitated groups at Sevenoaks Area MIND
- 4 years as a care support worker for Avenues Trust
- 25 years working in business
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Association for Humanistic Psychology in Britain (AHPb)
- C. G. Jung Club London
Code of ethics
Fees and availability
I charge £60 for a 50-minute session one to one. Concessions may be available on request.
Cancellations: I require 2 business days.
I will sometimes do Skype sessions at the same charge. But if we do this on a regular basis, I prefer to meet in person every 6 months. If I have to come out to make a visit for this there may be an extra charge for travel.