Jared is an experienced psychotherapist and supervisor who works with adults in a medium to long-term manner, which aims to achieve depth personal transformation.
I can help with...
- Affairs and betrayals
- Ageing and retirement
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Body image
- Career coaching
- Creative blocks
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender issues
- Identity issues
- 'Inner child' issues
- Internet addiction
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Loneliness and isolation
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Masculinity and men’s issues
- Narcissistic abuse
- Personal development
- Physical abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Regaining control of emotions
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual problems
- Social anxiety
- Traumatic childhood
- Unexplained and persistent physical symptoms
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 7 at 37–41 Gower street, WC1E 6HH
Types of therapy I offer
- Archetypal psychology
- Body psychotherapy
- Gestalt psychotherapy
- Imagework and creative imagination
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Jungian psychotherapy
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Transactional analysis
- Transpersonal psychology
I am an experienced, integrative transpersonal psychotherapist. I am UKCP-registered and Masters educated. I work with adults in an open-ended capacity. This means I work at a level deeper than presenting symptoms, to help bring about long-lasting change.
For this reason, I tend to work with clients who:
- are in some sort of crisis, but are seeking to both navigate the crisis and also take their personal development to a new level
- have had one or more therapies in the past – the therapies may or may not have been successful, but for some reason the situation is not fully resolved and there is a need for change at a deeper level
- are not experiencing a specific psychological ‘symptom’, but might be feeling stuck, low, or that something’s not quite right
Clients I work with usually experience resolution of the presenting symptoms, but this is not usually the focus of the therapy. Other benefits often include:
- managing difficult emotions
- gaining greater control of your life
- finding more meaning and purpose in your life
- working through difficult life situations
- being better able to have meaningful relationships
- experiencing greater confidence
What sort of therapist am I?
I am trained as an integrative therapist, which means I draw from a variety of models, based on what suits the client’s unique situation. I am open, authentic and am emotionally and cognitively intelligent. I work mainly in the talking mode, but will also suggest various exercises from time to time to help open up the therapeutic process. We will explore both the present, and how the past informs your emotional experience of the now. I use the relationship between client and therapist as a catalyst for change and as a depth practitioner, images, dreams and symbols are an important part of the way I work.
I am also a trained supervisor, which means I see other therapists to help develop their practice and support their clients.
You can find out more about me on my website www.jaredgreenpsychotherapy.com.
Training, qualifications and experience
My training was 7 years of rigorous academic, supervised clinical and personal development work and I have achieved the following post-graduate qualifications:
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE)
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE)
- MA (Merit) in Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Northampton)
- Diploma in Supervision (CCPE)
I have seen clients clinically since 2009. I have worked with a wide range of people: across genders and sexualities, ethnic background, physical ability and adult age groups.
I am committed to continuing professional development. I have undertaken post-qualification training courses in dissociative disorders, dream work, trauma, as well as multiple trainings on mindfulness, meditation and consciousness.
I’m a UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) registered full clinical psychotherapist, which means I’m professionally trained and have passed assessment for my clinical work and theoretical understanding. It also helps inform my ongoing work on matters such as confidentiality, supervision and continuing professional development.
I abide by the UKCP ethical principles and code of professional conduct.
Fees and availability
An initial phone call is free of charge. If we agree to meet, the initial session would be £75. During that session we would agree the ongoing rate, which is on a sliding scale between £60 and £120. This sliding scale allows me to see clients from a wider variety of backgrounds, who otherwise may not be able to afford a fixed fee.
My practice usually is full. I see new clients for assessments at any time, and then if we agree to work together you would join my waiting list. The wait time is somewhat hard to predict, but is usually between 3 to 6 months.
Choosing a therapist can be daunting, I encourage you to take your time and to meet before making a decision whether to proceed. To help, I offer a free phone call where you can understand how I work and I can get a sense of whether I can help. Together, we may then decide to meet for an introductory session, which would not commit you in any way.
Feel free to give me a call on 07592 677 731 or email me at email@example.com. Let me know when would be a good time to return your call. All calls and emails are confidential.