Jon is an integrative and person-centred counsellor with 20+ years' experience offering one-to-one therapy. He's open and supportive with an engaging and understanding manner and is available for short or long-term work.
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bereavement and loss
- Bipolar disorder
- Career coaching
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 27 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling
- Person-centred psychotherapy
- Solution-focussed brief therapy
I recognise those who can feel alone with their issues and aim to assist people to examine their concerns with a sensitive, non-judgemental and empathic approach in a safe and confidential location.
Talking things through with a professional – and someone who has been in therapy – is often beneficial to make sense of what is going on and how one feels.
I see adults (18+). I help people experiencing anxiety and depression, bereavement and loss, and drug and alcohol dependency. I also offer assistance to relieve employment-related stress, and anxiety within the role of carer.
I can have both evening and daytime availability. I work sensitively and with compassion and kindness providing short and long-term counselling in a confidential setting.
Whilst operating mainly in a person -centred manner, I also work with techniques from CBT, solution-focused therapy and motivational interviewing.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Counselling
- Experience in NHS settings, mental health and carer’s charity, and a drug/alcohol rehabilitation service
- Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework. I have regular supervision of my client work as well as an ongoing commitment to professional development.
Fees and availability
I work at London Bridge and also at The Willow Centre, 2 The Drive, Harold Wood, Romford, Essex RM3 0DU.
- London Bridge (Fridays daytime): £60 per session
- Harold Wood (Mondays daytime and evening): £40 per session
I have a 24-hour cancellation policy.