Julia is an experienced psychodynamic counsellor/psychotherapist. Psychodynamic counselling involves exploring how childhood experiences and early relationships can impact on our present relationships and circumstances.
I can help with...
- Bereavement and loss
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
I work as a psychodynamic counsellor. Part of psychodynamic therapy involves looking at how early relationships and experiences can affect our lives today; how they can impact on the way we relate to others and the effects they can have on our feelings and the beliefs we hold about ourselves.
Therapy can also give you the space to talk about your problems and difficulties. We can explore your patterns of behaviour and emotions, which can help you to begin to bring about the changes you may desire in your life.
I see clients for either:
- long-term therapy, which can be for up to 2 years or more
- short-term therapy, for 12 weeks, where we would focus on one specific issue
Training, qualifications and experience
- I hold a Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Counselling from Regent’s College.
- For my own learning and development and as a requirement of the BACP, I do a certain amount of new training and study every year.
- I’ve also done bereavement counselling training with Westminster bereavement service.
As well as doing private therapy work, I also do some voluntary counselling, as well as paid assessment work, for a counselling centre in north London. I have been working there since 1998.
I have worked with clients with a variety of problems over the years, such as depression, anxiety, relationship problems and low self esteem.
In the past I worked part time for 3 years, at a youth counselling centre for people aged 16 to 25. I also worked part time, for some years, doing bereavement counselling.
I am a BACP-accredited and registered counsellor/psychotherapist (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I am registered with UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Code of ethics
I abide by the BACP code of ethics.
Fees and availability
- £50 for a 50-minute session. A slightly lower fee may be possible for students and some NHS workers.
- Sessions are held weekly at the same time each week.