Julie is a chartered counselling psychologist, a member of BACP and a registered practitioner psychologist. She has worked with adults in various settings including the NHS, higher education and the private sector.
I can help with...
- Attachment disorder
- Bereavement and loss
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Relationship difficulties
- Traumatic childhood
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Attachment-based psychotherapy
As a chartered counselling psychologist I draw on my knowledge of a wide variety of psychological theories and frameworks to help reduce distress and to enhance well-being. I have a special interest in attachment-based psychotherapy, which focuses on early relationships and their impact on current state of mind and interactions with others.
I am curious about all aspects of your external and internal worlds:
- your relationships (including the one you have with yourself)
- your values, beliefs, desires and dreams
- your story so far
- your present moment
- your hoped-for future
Of great significance in my work is the quality and nature of the therapeutic relationship which develops between us – I believe this to be a key element in bringing about change. Therapy isn’t a magic bullet and I can’t make your decisions for you. However, I can listen attentively as you talk and think about what matters to you. I can hold a mirror up to you so that you can begin to know and understand yourself more deeply and fully.
Importantly, I will encourage you to see your worth and your capabilities and to celebrate what is going well for you, as well as acknowledging and confronting the more painful aspects of your experiences. At the heart of my practice is a commitment to providing a safe, confidential, collaborative and accepting space where I hope you can feel able to explore your difficulties and increase your self-understanding and your understanding of others.
Training, qualifications and experience
I trained at Roehampton University where I qualified with an MSc in Counselling Psychology, leading to chartered psychologist status with the British Psychological Society.
Since then I have obtained various postgraduate qualifications including:
- Attachment-based Therapy
- a BPS-approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision
I have been offering counselling and psychotherapy to adults (18+) since 2007.
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Code of ethics
I follow the codes of ethics of the BPS, BACP and HCPC.
Fees and availability
- Please contact me regarding my fee structure
- I usually offer face-to-face sessions at my clinic in London Bridge – however, due to the current pandemic I offer online sessions only, until further notice
- I am available Monday to Thursday daytimes from 8am to 4pm
- I require 48 hours’ notice to change or cancel an appointment