Karen is an integrative therapist working in private practice and as an honorary psychotherapist in the NHS. She offers a safe, empathic space for clients to discuss, explore and work through their difficulties.
I can help with...
- Being a victim of crime
- Bereavement and loss
- Body image
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Homesickness and expat identity
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Major life changes
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Somatic illnesses
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 102 at 180–186 King's Cross Rd, Kings Cross, WC1X 9DE
Types of therapy I offer
In my work as an integrative therapist, I draw on a number of valuable approaches from my training and life experience to guide my work with clients.
These approaches include aspects of psychodynamic, attachment and humanistic theories.
I prioritise building good, collaborative therapeutic relationships with my clients and work flexibly to best suit the client’s therapeutic needs and goals.
I help clients with a range of issues including depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, transitions and major life changes.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Advanced Diploma and MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling from the Minster Centre
- BA Hons in Industrial Sociology
- MSc in Sociology from the London School of Economics
I have worked in various counselling settings such as an NHS surgery offering short-term counselling, and low-cost counselling services offering longer-term therapy to individuals from a range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
I currently work as an honorary psychotherapist (at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust), offering psychodynamic therapy for clients with more complex mental health challenges, alongside my private practice.
Before training as a therapist, I volunteered for 5 years at Camden Victim Support where I offered emotional and practical support to individuals impacted by crime.
I am a:
- registered member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Code of ethics
I abide by the UKCP ethical framework.
Fees and availability
- £75 for evening session (from 6pm)
- £65 for daytime session
- I offer some concessionary rates – please contact me to talk about this
- I currently offer sessions online and Fridays half-day from Kings Cross
- I work Monday to Friday