Lara is a qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist. She has extensive experience working with adults in the private sector, higher education and charities, as well as with people from minority groups and people of faith.
I can help with...
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Family issues
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Identity issues
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual problems
- Suicidal thoughts
Types of clients I see
- Young people
- People of colour
- People of faith
Languages I speak
- Room 28 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
Types of therapy I offer
I provide a warm, safe, confidential and non-judgemental space where you can come as you are, and together we can think about and make sense of whatever’s troubling you.
I understand the complexity and challenge that culture, race, gender and spirituality can have on our lived experiences and this is something we can explore together in sessions.
My way of working is psychodynamic which means we’ll explore your past in relation to your present. Together we’ll think about how past relationships and experiences have impacted you as a person and how they might be influencing your perspective and experience of current circumstances.
We’ll also think about how you can move forward in a more constructive way.
Training, qualifications and experience
- MA Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Association of Christians in Counselling (ACC)
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
Code of ethics
I follow the:
Fees and availability
- Fees start from £70 for a 50-minute session
- I offer limited space at concessionary rates
- I offer in-person and online sessions
- Please get in touch for current availability