Luisa is a highly qualified and experienced psychotherapist and counsellor. She offers a level of expert attention which is warm, intelligent and calm.
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Person-centred psychotherapy
- Solution-focussed brief therapy
I can help with...
- Addictions – alcohol, drugs, etc
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Identity issues
- Low self-esteem
- Masculinity and men’s issues
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual problems
- Traumatic childhood
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Room 31 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
I am a psychotherapist and counsellor based in London. To describe my style, my clients have commented on my gentle, yet dynamic approach, my humour, my perceptiveness and my consistency.
I offer weekly sessions, either on a short-term basis or working more long-term, depending on your needs.
Whatever your issue or personal circumstances, I am able to work with you closely and attentively so you don’t have to feel quite so alone, lost, confused or overwhelmed.
I use my expertise on a number of levels. Firstly, I support clients through crisis, be it high anxiety and panic or numbness. I help them to leave the session feeling more anchored, thinking more clearly and being more in control.
I also help to create a space in which clients can feel less self-conscious and feel more free to express themselves and to be curious. Here you can offload and explore how you’re feeling, who you are and to challenge some of the assumptions you may have made about yourself.
Ultimately, I work to professionally facilitate change in a client’s life, despite how risky this may feel. This may mean working to:
- break old patterns and intrusive thoughts which have been holding you back
- move on from being stuck in the past or from being fearful of the future
- like and accept yourself more
- trust your own instincts
- let yourself trust others
- feel more secure and build resilience in a way that is stable
I believe that by taking these steps, life can be more enjoyable and meaningful. In my opinion, that’s something everyone can have – and deserves to have.
Is therapy right for you?
I see therapy as an efficient and intensive way in which we can take care of ourselves. I don’t believe that it’s the only way we can have self-care.
We can also find relaxation, stimulation and comfort in other activities: a good book, hitting the gym, listening to our favourite album, connecting with nature, catching up with friends, doing something creative or simply having a hug.
However, sometimes we lack the motivation to do these things, or we do them, but still find that sinking feeling returning yet again.
Therapy can provide us with a protected place and time in our week, dedicated to ‘me’. It offers space to look at why we don’t feel the way we want to and to find a way to have the life we do want and to make it happen.
You’re searching for a therapist right now. In my opinion, this means that at least a part of you is saying “I deserve to feel better”. So, to me, you’re already halfway there.
I will use my professional expertise to help you capitalise on this start and to continue on your journey. Life can feel less paralysing or painful. There is hope. So, let’s get started.
Training and qualifications
- Degree in Person-Centred Counselling BA (Hons) from the Metanoia Institute
- Diploma in Psychology
- Certificate in Couples and Family Counselling
- Certificate in Neuroscience of Trauma and Attachment
- Certificate in CBT Skills
- Degree in Law (LLB), Qualified Barrister
As well as my high-quality training and 6 years of experience of counselling clients in private practice, mental health services and universities, I worked in the city in a ‘previous life’. I believe this gives me a rounded outlook and first-hand experience of some of the challenges this lifestyle can present.
I am a registered member of the BACP and am fully insured.
Fees and availability
Due to growing demand and to meet the needs of my clients, I now work from a number of London locations. Currently I work from my pleasant and stylish consultation rooms in:
- London Bridge
- Hither Green
I offer sessions:
- face to face
- via Skype
- via phone
I offer daytime and evening slots.
Per 50-minute session, I charge:
- £70 for individuals
- £70 for couples
Concessionary rates are available.
In addition, I offer a free consultation over the phone to introduce myself, answer any questions you may have (and for you to have a chance to get a better feel for me before you commit).