Mark is a certified somatic coach, trained at the Strozzi Institute. He's also an advanced student in somatic experiencing trauma therapy. He offers short (6–12 sessions) and long-term therapy & coaching for individuals.
I can help with...
- Bereavement and loss
- Communication skills
- Creative blocks
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Relationship difficulties
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Room 6 at 37–41 Gower street, WC1E 6HH
Types of therapy I offer
- Somatic coaching
- Somatic experiencing trauma therapy
My approach is gentle, intuitive and body orientated, offering a space for the body to speak and express. As you share your experiences with words we may also be curious what your body is expressing or leaving out. I trust deeply in my clients’ capacity to heal and transform and I see my role as a fellow traveller on the road.
During a session I will guide you through seated and standing practices that will help bring attention to body sensations and getting in touch with your inner landscape. Bringing awareness to what you’re experiencing in the moment and seeing where energy may be stuck in the body. As we become in touch with the body we can connect to a deep wisdom and healing potential.
Somatic experiencing therapy is a naturalistic pioneering body-based approach to overcoming stress and traumatic life experiences. By practising slowing down and getting in touch with sensations in the body we can move from fixity to flow. As survival energies stuck in the body get to complete and integrate slowly, we can move towards embodying more of ourselves.
Somatic coaching is a holistic coaching approach which supports a deep connection with the body’s intelligence and capacity for resourcefulness.
My journey of training to be a therapist has given me an opportunity to access more of my potential as a human being and to become comfortable in my own skin. I am inspired to share these powerful healing modalities and to create collaborative therapeutic relationships with clients.
If you are interested to work with me or have any questions about the way I work, I offer a free 30-minute phone conversation to get some time to connect.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Certified Somatic Coach – Strozzi Institute
- Advanced Student Somatic Experiencing Trauma Therapy (SOS Internationale UK)
- Counselling Skills (CPCAB Level 2)
- Professional dancer for over 20 years
- Adult dance teacher
- Leadership in Action One – Strozzi Institute
- Regular supervision to support my practice
Code of ethics
- I follow the CThA Code of Practice
Fees and availability
- £70 per 50-minute session
- Currently no concessions as I am building my practice
- Please give 48 hours’ notice when cancelling. If notice is not given, payment would still need to be made
- Available Fridays 7am to 11am
- Tuesday, Thursday daytime availability too
- Online therapy sessions also available