Maxwell is a cognitive behavioural psychotherapist, trained at the Institute of Psychiatry. He uses a flexible and person-specific application of CBT protocols to help clients manage and overcome their difficulties.
Types of therapy I offer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
I can help with...
- Body image
- Health anxiety/hypochondriasis
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Social anxiety
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 31 at 175–7 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR
I am a qualified cognitive behavioural psychotherapist. I am accredited by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
I offer one-to-one short-term cognitive behavioural psychotherapy (CBT). I work with adults, 18 years old and above.
I conduct initial psychological assessments to identify a specific psychological difficulty within the remit of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10).
I follow evidence-based CBT protocols and the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines.
I am able to effectively apply CBT protocols to meet the personal circumstances of my clients.
I am fascinated both by our innately resourceful ability as a species to effectively manage or overcome difficulties and the efficacy in talking to another person.
I am broad-minded. I accept that people are different and that this is a good thing. I enjoy current affairs, travelling and meeting people from diverse backgrounds.
Training and qualifications
I trained at the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London and gained their Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapies.
I also hold a:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychological Wellbeing Practice from Canterbury Christ Church University, Salomons Centre, Tunbridge Wells
- Msc in Inter-professional Practice – Mental Health from City University London
- BA in Philosophy and Communication from Loyola University Chicago.
I am registered with BABCP.
Fees and availability
- £60 for an hour-long session