Meghan is a UKCP-accredited psychotherapist, trained at the Karuna Institute on wild Dartmoor. She see individuals and couples, combining a relational and psychodynamic approach with creative imagination.
I can help with...
- Bereavement and loss
- Creative blocks
- Identity issues
- Low mood
- Major life changes
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Relationship difficulties
- Work-related issues
Types of clients I see
- Young people
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Core-process psychotherapy
- Integral psychotherapy
Most of our upsets have been created in relationship. It is also within relationship that we can deeply heal. I think healing can start when we listen into – and attend to – our current experience.
I offer a safe, tranquil space for individuals and couples in which you can explore difficulties you may be experiencing.
Counselling or psychotherapy can shed light on our difficulties and offer a space to share things that have been too hard to bear. It is possible for things to shift and for a sense of wellbeing to re-emerge. I feel that much of our experience just needs to be compassionately received.
I work with an integrative approach and occasionally draw on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) tools. I enjoy working with the imagination and I welcome the exploration of imagery, dreams, metaphor and spirituality. As well as being a practising psychotherapist, I have worked in a variety of organisations in the UK and abroad, and am aware of the stress that any of us can face in our work, unemployment or relationships. I enjoy dance, writing and Improv theatre.
Part of my work is drawing awareness to the body and the felt-sense. My role is that of facilitator and reflector with an intention to offer enquiry and acceptance.
Each person and couple dynamic are unique. I offer testimony to the mystery, complexity and richness that each one brings. Amidst difficulties, I honour each individual’s inherent sense of health, wisdom and joy.
In addition to my therapy work in London, I have also been working online with clients based internationally since 2016. I recognise and appreciate the differences and similarities of various aspects of culture, and am sensitive to the ‘push–pull’ of Eastern/Western values and external realities.
Training, qualifications and experience
- MA in Core Process Psychotherapy (4 years) – Karuna Institute
- Diploma in Psychotherapy – Kent University
- BA in Drama – Winchester University
- Trained at the Maudsley Hospital on an acute psychiatric admission ward for young adults
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy skills
- Certificate in Working with Couples & other Relationships
- Gendlin’s ‘Focusing’
- Acredited with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP)
Code of ethics
I adhere to the UKCP code of ethics and guidelines.
Fees and availability
- Individual therapy: £65 to £80 per session (negotiable and a limited number of reduced rates are available)
- Couple therapy: £80 per session (before 5pm); £90 after 5pm
- Appointments in person available 3pm to 9pm
- Online appointments available 8am to 6pm
I accept clients who have insurance with Aviva, Axa PPP, Vitality, Cigna and Bupa.