Niki is an experienced BACP-accredited and UKCP-registered counsellor and psychotherapist. She has a Master of Science in transactional analysis psychotherapy and is a certified transactional analyst.
I can help with...
- Bereavement and loss
- Emotional abuse
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual abuse
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 602 at Chandlery Cottage, 50 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7QY
- Room 3 at 37–41 Gower street, WC1E 6HH
- Room 4 at 37–41 Gower street, WC1E 6HH
- Room 7 at 37–41 Gower street, WC1E 6HH
Types of therapy I offer
- Transactional analysis
The approach I use in my work is called transactional analysis (TA), founded by the renowned psychiatrist, Eric Berne, whose assumptions were:
- people are essentially born OK
- everyone has the capacity to think
- people decide their own destiny and their decisions can be changed
For me, TA provides a theory of the personality, a model of communication and an analysis of historically influenced repetitive patterns which may be self-limiting. I would use TA concepts to help you to have a better understanding of yourself, either through short- term solution focused work or during longer term exploratory sessions, where our contract would be open-ended.
I would invite you to an initial assessment where we would explore the issues that are bringing you to therapy and to give you an opportunity to see whether you like working with me. If after that session, you feel this is right for you and you would like to book more, I would see you at a regular time each week.
Sometimes the prospect of discussing your innermost thoughts and feelings with someone you don’t know can be scary. If you wish to talk about your options beforehand in confidence, please call or email me. There is also more information on my website.
Training, qualifications and experience
I undertook most of my counselling and psychotherapy training at Metanoia Institute in London, backed by Middlesex University:
- MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Clinical Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
I also hold the following:
- Certificate in Introduction to Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy (Westminster Pastoral Foundation)
- BA (Hons) Degree in French (Southampton University)
Before I became a psychotherapist I spent 25 years working as a personal assistant within a corporate environment, so I am fully aware of the pressures associated with working in large commercial organisations.
I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP and UKCP codes of ethics.
- £65 per session for individuals
- £100 per session for couples
Sessions are 50 minutes for individuals and one hour for couples.
You can pay by credit/debit card, Amex, cash or cheque at the start of each session. Alternatively, you may wish to pay in advance via my website using the PayPal link.
Once you have started therapy with me, I ask for 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, excluding weekends and bank holidays, or the full fee is payable.