Pritesh is a fully accredited BABCP cognitive behavioural psychotherapist. He has extensive experience in working with anxiety and depressive disorders.
I can help with...
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behavioural problems
- Body image
- Career coaching
- Changing bad habits
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Creative blocks
- Educational performance
- Emotional abuse
- Fear of public speaking
- Insomnia and sleep problems
- Internet addiction
- Loneliness and isolation
- Low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Major life changes
- Masculinity and men’s issues
- Obsessive–compulsive tendencies
- Panic attacks
- Perfectionist traits
- Personal development
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Procrastination and 'stuckness'
- Regaining control of emotions
- Sex addiction
- Sexual problems
- Social anxiety
- Somatic illnesses
- Sports performance
- Suicidal thoughts
- Unexplained and persistent physical symptoms
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
- Young people
- Older people
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-focussed therapy
- Culturally sensitive therapy
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Meditation training
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Multicultural therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Rational emotive behaviour therapy (REBT)
- Solution-focussed brief therapy
- Strength-based therapy
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioural therapy
Are you looking for an empathetic, collaborative and experienced cognitive behavioural therapist to help you feel less stuck, more empowered, and in greater control of your life? Do you feel restricted by anxiety, worry or low mood?
I would like to work jointly with you to firstly understand how your difficulties developed, and then identify what keeps them going.
Secondly, I aim to devise a highly individual treatment plan that provides you with lifelong tools to manage your difficulties.
I am confident that this will allow you to develop a more fulfilling life, one which is far less impacted by anxiety, worry or depression.
I am used to working with clients from different backgrounds, with a varying range of difficulties.
Please feel free to contact me for an initial discussion and to discuss the therapy process. I understand that finding a suitable therapist can be daunting, and so I am available to discuss the entire process, and answer any questions you may have.
I work in a confidential, non-judgemental and collaborative manner, and look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Royal Holloway, University of London (January 2012 – May 2014)
I have worked full time in the NHS in a busy Talking Therapies service since January 2014, dealing with challenging and complex cases (and still work there on a part-time basis).
I am a senior cognitive behavioural psychotherapist and am responsible for the supervision of other therapists within the service.
Previously, I was an occupational therapist, working from 2007–13 with a diverse range of clients with differing mental health difficulties. I eventually reached a head occupational therapist role, before training as a cognitive behavioural psychotherapist.
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) – Full Accredited Member
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Code of ethics
Fees and availability
The first consultation (assessment) is free of charge and lasts 20 minutes.
Subsequent 50-minute therapy sessions are priced at £75 per session.
Those clients which are having financial/employment issues are charged £60 per session.
I offer sessions also via telephone, Skype and Zoom.
I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am till 5pm, and can provide lunch-time appointments.
I have a 48-hour cancellation policy, otherwise clients will be charged for any missed appointments, or appointments cancelled without appropriate notice.