Saundra is a qualified Gestalt counsellor, and registered member of the BACP. She has a calm and sensitive approach, and has extensive experience of working with adult survivors of sexual abuse, depression and anxiety.
I can help with...
- Bereavement and loss
- Eating disorders
- Gender issues
- Identity issues
- Loneliness and isolation
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual problems
- Weight management
- Work-related issues
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 116 at Chandlery Cottage, 50 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7QY
Types of therapy I offer
- Gestalt psychotherapy
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy
I am able to bring awareness to presenting concerns, offering a safe space for clients to explore the way they think, feel and act in a given situation. As a Gestalt counsellor, I draw upon a holistic approach focusing on the mind, body and spirit connection.
I recognise that past experiences inform how we navigate our way through life, and how we relate to others. In my sessions, I like to explore the client’s inner world to support them towards the path of healing.
Gestalt therapy offers a dynamic way to support change. The idea of sitting in a room, opposite a stranger, may evoke feelings of uncertainty or fear, amongst a mixture of other emotions. I offer an opportunity to explore what this may mean for you, and support you through the process, without judgement.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Counselling from The Gestalt Centre, London, with experience of working with adults and young people in the statutory and voluntary sector
- Masters Degree in Social Work from Goldsmiths, University of London, with experience of working with adults with learning/physical disabilities, mental health and substance misuse
- Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders with the National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Psychosexual therapy at Tavistock Relationships in London (in training)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Code of ethics
I adhere to the BACP code of ethics, which are based on values, principles and personal moral qualities that underpin good practice.
Fees and availability
I offer a free initial telephone consultation, so that we can get a feel for whether we are the ‘right fit’ for each other. After that, my fees are:
- £65 per 50-minute session for individuals
- £85 per 50-minute session for couples
Some concessions may be offered to those on a low income. Please do not hesitate to ask about this during our telephone discussion, so that we can explore how best we can support you to access therapy that is affordable for you.