Sue is a qualified and experienced sex and relationship therapist. She offers short and medium-term therapy and coaching to individuals, couples and people with physical disability.
I can help with...
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Body image
- Cerebral palsy
- Communication skills
- Coping with chronic ill health or chronic pain
- Coping with a terminal illness
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Gender issues
- Masculinity and men’s issues
- Pregnancy, birth and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual problems
Types of client I see
- Trainee and qualified clinicians
Languages I speak
- Contact me for details
Types of therapy I offer
- Body psychotherapy
- Online counselling
Difficulties and anxieties about sex and relationships can cause distress and unhappiness. I am a psychosexual therapist, coach and educator and I offer short and medium-term therapy, coaching, consultancy and training. My client group includes individual men, women and couples. I work with adults of varied sexual orientations and preferences and people with physical disability.
My approach is to offer an initial meeting where we get to meet, I find out more about your situation and you hear about my approach. If we feel we can work together, I will propose a programme of sessions with regular reviews. I offer a non-judgemental space where you can talk about aspect of adult sexuality and we will explore practical and realistic steps that can make a difference.
Some of my specific areas of experience include:
- women and men who have limited or no sexual experience
- men and women who feel acute levels of shame about their sexuality
- women recovering from traumatic childbirth experiences
- couples who feel their sex life has stagnated or disappeared
- couples wanting to explore different relationship models
- men, women and couples with physical disability who are looking for support with their sexual expression
As well as working in London, I have a private practice in the West Midlands.
Training, qualifications and experience
- BA (Hons)
- RSA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Transformative Dreamwork
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sex and Relationship Therapy from Sheffield Hallam University
Before training as a counsellor and therapist, my career was in information technology.
I have been working in the field of sex and relationships since 2001 both in private practice and offering workshops and trainings to individuals and couples.
I was a founder, board member and Chair of British Association of Sexual Educators (BASE), whose aim was the provision of positive sex education in a user-friendly manner to professionals and members of the public.
I have provided training for professionals who want to feel more comfortable talking about intimacy and sex to their client groups.
Since 2009, I have offered coaching and advocacy to people with physical disability who are looking to find sexual fulfilment.
I am a registered member of ASIS (The Association of Somatic and Integrative Sexologists) and an active member of SHADA (Sexual Health and Disability Alliance).
Code of ethics
I work within ASIS’s Code of Ethics, which includes regular supervision of my work and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Fees and availability
- Individuals and couples: £90–140 per hour
- I offer sessions face to face in London and the West Midlands and by Skype/Zoom
- I am willing to travel to visit clients with physical disability
- I consider discounted sessions for people with low-income situations