Svetlana is an experienced psychotherapist and has undergone a 5-year rigorous training at WPF. She sees clients for short or long-term psychotherapy, to help deal with a recent life event or for longer-term issues.
Types of therapy I offer
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Relational psychotherapy
I can help with...
- Bereavement and loss
- Creative blocks
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual problems
- Traumatic childhood
Types of client I see
Languages I speak
- Room 302 at King's Cross Business Centre, 180/186 King’s Cross Road, London WC1X 9DE
I am an experienced and fully qualified psychodynamic therapist, and work with clients on either a long or short-term basis. My approach is psychodynamic and relational.
My practice is informed by contemporary understanding of psychodynamic, attachment-based and relational theory as well as latest research from developmental psychology, neurobiology and neuroscience. I approach every person as a unique individual, with an open mind and in strict confidence. I believe our work is a joint undertaking which requires commitment from us both.
I offer a supportive, open and empathic space to help clients explore difficult emotional issues which may stem from their childhood or have been felt to be more recent in nature.
I hope to help those who come to me to develop the freedom and courage to be truly themselves.
Training and qualifications
I have completed one of the most rigorous trainings in psychodynamic psychotherapy in the UK: a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy at WPF in London, which is accredited by BACP, UKCP and BPC.
I have 4 years’ therapeutic experience.
I also have my own personal experience of intensive psychotherapy and this informs my hope to offer a potentially healing and life-enhancing or life-changing experience.
- registered with UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- member of BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council)
- member of The FPC (The Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling)
- I abide by the UKCP, BPC and FPC codes of ethics
Fees and availability
- £55–£80 for a 50-minute session
- initial consultation (a single 2-hour session or 2 sessions over 2 weeks of 50 minutes each): £80
- Wednesday morning: King’s Cross
- Mondays and Wednesdays: near Finsbury Park station